Dixie Dude ranch is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, one of the prettiest places in the state. It is a land of rolling green hills laced with crystal clear rivers, with friendly, fun-loving natives and plenty to see and do. The ranch is only ten minutes from the famous town of Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of The World, where there is always music playing and honky-tonks to explore. We are also a short one-hour drive from the tourism mecca that is San Antonio, where you can enjoy the Alamo, the River Walk, Sea World, Fiesta Texas and more. You will have to stay a long time to run out of new things to see in the Hill Country.
Here is a short list of things to do and area attractions:
- Shopping in Bandera and La Cantera in San Antonio
- For firearms enthusiasts, Bandera Gun Club just down the road offers a variety of shooting experiences (guns and ammunition are provided).
- Tubing, canoeing and kayaking in the Medina, Guadalupe and Frio rivers
- Seasonal rodeos in Bandera
- Golf and tennis
- Music and dancing in Bandera: Arkey Blue's Silver Dollar, the Bandera Saloon, Longhorn Saloon and the 11th Street Cowboy Bar
- Hill Country State Natural Area just down the road from Dixie Dude Ranch
- Hiking and birding at Lost Maples State Natural Area
- Explore the Cave Without a Name or Natural Bridge Caverns near Boerne
- Fishing at Medina Lake
- Frontier Times Museum in Bandera and the Museum of Western Art in Kerrville